When it comes to SEO most businesses focus on on-page and technical SEO only. They didn’t care much about Off-page SEO strategies. Google uses links as an important ranking factor. Getting quality backlinks helps to improve your organic keywords and search ranking. To understand it better you must know How Dofollow vs Nofollow Backlinks impact your site’s SEO performance.
What are Backlinks?
Backlinks are the links from other websites which direct to your site. It acts like votes which endorse your website’s authority. Getting a backlink from a Quality website will improve your site’s Organic ranking and referral traffic.
Two types of backlinks
- Dofollow link.
- Nofollow link.
What is the Dofollow link?
A dofollow link is a backlink that passes the link juice to a linked website. By this Google considers the linked website as authoritative and trustworthy. Getting a Quality dofollow link could improve your DR (Domain Rating) and DA (Domain Authority).
What is the Nofollow link?
A nofollow link is a backlink that consists of an HTML attribute known as “rel=’nofollow'” added to it. Getting a nofollow link doesn’t pass the link juice but still, it will add SEO value.
Nofollow links were introduced in 2005 as a way to combat spammy and manipulative linking practices.
Dofollow vs Nofollow Backlinks
Benefits of Dofollow links
- As we know, the Dofollow link will pass the SEO value to the linked website, which helps improve the website’s rankings.
- A higher position in your organic keywords leads to an Increase the organic traffic.
- Dofollow link from quality website leads to improving your website’s Domain Authority & Domain Rating.
- Dofollow link from the Quality website helps to increase your brand visibility.
- Getting backlinks will help to drive referral traffic to your websites from other websites.
- Having High Dofollow backlinks will attract other websites to link to your site.
- High-quality Dofollow backlinks can help to build a positive brand reputation.
- Do-follow links from Local websites and directories can help to improve your website’s Local SEO.
Benefits of Nofollow links
- Nofollow link helps to protect your website from spammy backlinks, that could harm your site’s SEO rankings.
- Using nofollow links to sponsored content or advertising can help build user trust and transparency.
- Using nofollow links to limit the number of external links on a page can help improve the user experience of your website.
- Nofollow links can help protect your website’s link equity by not passing it on to low-quality or spammy websites.
PageRank Improved by Dofollow links
PageRank is a metric used by Google’s algorithm to measure the importance and authority of the webpage. It is calculated based on the quantity and quality of the backlinks of the linking websites. Not all the dofollow link considers the same, Google looks at the quality of the website and its content relevancy.
To get Speedy results you can use the combination of PPC and Link building strategies which drastically improves your PageRank.
How to Build Dofollow and Nofollow Links
In 2023 link-building strategies like Cold email outreach is one of the effective methods to communicate with prospects for guest post submissions. HARO type of link building is a technique helps you to build backlinks from top websites like Businessinsiders, Forbes, etc. To get free backlinks directory submissions will be best technique. It also helps optimize your Local SEO.
Backlinks are the most powerful SEO strategy. By practicing the White hat-SEO Technique, and building a good ratio of Dofollow and Nofollow links can protect your site from Google penalties. As well as you could improve your site’s SERP performance.